Sunday 15 March 2009

Just barely enough to believe in

Unintentionally amusing sentence about bertrand russell i read today:

"Without doubt, Russell was one of the twentieth century's greatest philosophers."


-----------------------

Go here for ludicrous magical beautiful silliness.

------------------------

Lyrics-i've-misheard-which-are-better-than-actual-lyrics part the deux:

From alexis taylor's solo album:

Actual lyric: You're one collectors item
As misheard by me: We're one collective item.

------------

Episode 2 of series 2 of on the hour is probably the best half hour of comedy ever created. Pure and perfect without the overly surreal aspect of the day today that crept in later.

It's on youtube somewhere. But just this time I'm not gonna bother looking it up, to teach you all a big fucking lesson.

-----------

Let's finish this post with gimmie the loot, shall we? Ok lets.



BIG UP BIG UP IT'S A STICK UP STICK UP

ANYONE tell me that at 2:49 it doesn't take your breath away.


Biggie smalls' voice always makes me think of grand pianos. I know that sounds insane but somehow it makes perfect sense to me. His voice shares a lot of qualities with grand pianos and what they mean to me. It's a very soft, beautiful, classy sound, biggie's voice, perfectly formed and fine-tuned. Just like a shiny clavier.



One day soon I will write an article about why it's important and acceptable for white middle class teens to like hip hop, send it in to my student newspaper, have it rejected, and copy and paste it onto here.

1 comment:

technicalities said...

Trying to write Biggie's "rappers in a single sentence" sentence. Here is what I have but it is not quite right:

"Look at me, up here - but do not look at me like I'm not meant to be up here."