Tuesday 28 February 2012

Sweetness and Light 24th February 2012

I now have a slot on student radio where I play records from 1-2 on Friday afternoons over here. Listen in if you will.

The station asks for my playlists and I don't know what they do with it tbh so I'll post them here as well. When the song's not on youtube I've linked to a similar track from the same album:

1) Rob Brady - Everybody's going to the love in (the best of the northern soul story, sony)
2)zen baseball bat- 100 years of seaside entertainment (i am the champion concrete mixer, moonska)
3)jammer- destruction vip (run the road vol. 1, 679 recordings)
4)beastie boys - sounds of science (paul's boutique, capitol records)
5)no lay- unorthadox daughter (run the road vol. 1, 679 recordings)
6)bonnie prince billie - i see a darkness (i see a darkness, domino records) (<-video there still chills and moves)
7)camille yardborough - take yo praise (fly girls, soul jazz records)
8)staples singers- respect yourself (blues brother soul sister, dino entertainment)
9)kelly marie- feels like i'm in love (disco classics, weston-wegram)
10) betty everett - it's in his kiss (blues brother soul sister, dino entertainment)
11) odyssey - going back to my roots (disco classics, weston-wegram)
12) beatles- soldier of love (live at the bbc,
13) wave pictures - apple boy (beer in the breakers bonus disc, moshi moshi)
14) half man half biscuit - floreat inertia (this leaden pall, probe plus)
15)lou courtney - trying to find my woman (the best of the northern soul, sony) (<--- my favourite song atm)
16)hot chip - no fit state (the warning, EMI) (<--- i didn't play this live version but the segue into temptation in the middle is awesome)

x

No comments: