Sunday 21 June 2009

I knew you could

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was gonna write on my next blog, which is this current blog (because at the time I had the thought I was in what is now the past), about a recent campaign by funny people to vandalise duncan norvelle's wikipedia page with fictitious catch phrases, after richard herring revealed that the page had a catch phrase section which simply contained one sentence, "chase me." There were dozens which have all now been removed by prudish pedants, but there were some great ones, like "The gods come screaming from the ether", but my favourite was easily "Is this the papal legacy you really want?"

-----------------------

Also recently amongst good people on twitter a daily mail poll was being circulated that asked, "Should gypsies be allowed to skip NHS queues?". So many people went and voted 'yes' (88%, the last time I checked) that the daily mail took it down.

---------------------
I don't know how or why, but I somehow find this song exceptionally good, when there is really nothing technically different about this to any other dubstep song. WHAT A MYSTERY MUSIC CAN BE HUH

-------------------

If I had the know-how, I'd make a st sanders style video with old beatles footage. It's amazing no one's done it yet-with all the girls screaming and crying in the audience, it'd work so well to switch the music for complete noise.


---------------
This song starts off so wrong but he swings it round in true majesty. That bit around 20 seconds where he's out of tune and gets a lyric wrong, then looks at the floor in shame, then flicks his head up and within seconds he's back on his feet. I think it sums up what I love about david byrne quite well. He's imperfect, but he'll work out a way to get around it and he'll make something amazing from nothing special.

"The better the singer is, the harder it is to believe what they are saying."

"Who's still working on his masterpiece?"




--------------------

"But imagine, among the mud and the mastodons
God sighing and yearning with tremendous creative yearning, in that dark green mess
oh, for some other beauty, some other beauty
that blossomed at last, red geranium, and mignonette. "

-----------------

Who is Virgilio Anderson?


---------------


xoxox

1 comment:

technicalities said...

The steady decay of blog links and pictures is sad, and not even in a galvanising way. I always save the images I want on my actual blog, rather than hotlinking - but even that measure waits on the future death of Google.

Did you write to myspace in the end?